Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Do I have Vodka in my Teeth?













I spent a weekend of drunken debauchery...I mean, spiritual bonding with my Aunts and Cuzans (cousins…..for all you Yankees) on a girls retreat to Teal Prairie Lodge in Pecan Island, Louisiana…yeah, you might want to Google that!

My Madre, Aunts, and Cuzans have been doing these for the past twelve years….This was my first. With the passing of my Grandmother in February, I am realizing just how short our time here is….my grandmother was one of seven and her sister is the last of the great ones. My great aunt is 89yrs old, she is still playing cards, laughing, and will still do a shot of Patron….she is a true BAD ASS . What I want to do is kick my own ass for missing out on all the memories from the past twelve years…..I only have my kids and husband to blame....I mean, myself to blame.

My Aunt and Uncle allowed us to use their Duck Lodge……it’s just beautiful and so serene. There were a total of 20 women or as Danielle from Real Housewives of New Jersey said last night when she got her weave pulled out…..there were 20 woman at the Lodge. These girls are “Fu-Funny”, kind, loving, beautiful, vivacious, sharing, gifted, drunk bitches! I’ve never laughed so hard in my life. One of my Cuzan has this little book that she writes all the funny one liners that are said….this was such a great idea…I am totally stealing it! Thanks, Cuzan!!






We went on a field trip in the Duc Bus to the Coastal Bar, a SINGLE WIDE TRAILER...I mean a very exclusive bar..... We laughed, drank, sang, and played pool….we truly stimulated the economy of Pecan Island…your welcome Mr. President!


Here are just a few things that were said….. when I think of them, I just start laughing!

“Money…it’s made round to roll and flat to stack”

“Don’t burn that dress….I want to wear it tomorrow”

“Fried eggs and Vodka…what’s not to love?”

“I put my clear lax in my Mimosa”

“Do I have Vodka on my teeth?”

“Well….you just bummed the shit out of me!”

“If you put your hands in the air…the ride is more fun”

“Fu-Funny” – for f*cking funny-so clever

And the best was

“The saddest part about the party….is the parting”

No comments:

Post a Comment