Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Cheerleader??

My parents divorced when I was very young and my Mother worked very hard to support me and my sister. We moved a lot....so I didn't get involved in a lot of school activities because I was not going to be there long enough to participate....also I was always different than most of the girls I went to school with but I never had a difficult time making friends...I was friends with everyone, the Cheerleaders, the Rockers, the Nerds, the Jocks, The Dramas but I was different...but I was NEVER going to be a Cheerleader.....and in High School I was very Anti Establishment..you know a Rebel without a Cause!

McHusband and I have made it through some really difficult times in our 13yrs of marriage, but we are a great team. McHusband lived in the same house his entire childhood....where I lived in so many different parts of Houston....I'm not really sure where I am "from". McHusband, Oldest,Youngest and I have lived in the same house for 11yrs.....while that may not seem like something to you, it is HUGE for me. This is the longest time that I have ever lived anywhere. I went to five different Elementary Schools, three different Junior Highs and three different High Schools. I know that my parents did the best they could at raising my sister and I.....we never wanted for anything and we always lived in the nicest houses and went to the best schools....however because we moved so much I thought of people as disposable, never really getting to close to anyone....I didn't begin to cherish people until I married McHusband...and I didn't want to have children, I didn't think I would be a good enough mother....because quite honestly I never thought I was "Good" enough-period....Thankfully God blessed us with Oldest and Youngest....McHusband has grounded me and shown me that it's okay to plant myself..to grow roots and to really enjoy the FABULOUS people in our lives.

Oldest is in 6th Grade this year at a VERY overcrowded school....an awesome school with wonderful teachers.....but an overcrowded school. I wondered if she would find her voice or get lost in the shuffle...immediately she found her place, she tried out for a Recreational Cheer team and made it......my daughter is a Cheerleader? Really?

Now...it is time for the School tryouts for next year.....and I am still saying....My daughter a Cheerleader?? Really? My point is....I wonder, if I would have gone to the same Elementary for 6yrs and lived in the same house my whole life...would I have been a different person? Ya see...everyone says Oldest is me all over......I wonder if circumstances were different would I have been more like her...because I think she is AH-MAZING!!!(even when she is giving me all that attitude and I want to rip her head off)

No comments:

Post a Comment